Basic Law – where from and what is it designed to do
- Putting the law into context for the marketing professional.
- How to use the knowledge gained to create better marketing returns.
The core principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 ‘in digital marketing context’
- How to structure a Privacy Notice to generate maximum data value and still be legal
- Relating the life cycle of personal data to digital marketing processes.
- Where does the law impact on the lifecycle of customer and prospect data?
- Understanding the core principles and how they impact on consent to use personal data for marketing.
- What is ‘consent’, how is it obtained, and why is it SO valuable.
Email, SMS and telephone marketing channels, key legislation
- The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and how do they impact on your email and SMS marketing Channels.
- Applying the current UK legislation to your business processes e.g. outbound telesales, e-mail marketing, SMS marketing and the web
Personal data on mobile platforms; how to stay legal
- Interpreting the Information Commissioner guidelines on compliant data capture on mobile Apps.
The Web Channel – Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations (PECR) 2003 and non-Regulatory issues
- The Advertising Standards Authority CAP Code
- A look at how the ‘Cookie Laws’ have evolved and how to comply.
- ASA expects us to be lawful, decent; honest and truthful in all our online advertising. What does this mean for websites?
Social media – how law impacts use of SM including the use and management of UGC
- Including the statue laws, common laws and regulatory codes (ASA CAP Code) which apply
- Increasing use of SM to target specific groups requires a detailed understanding of how the technology can drive compliance issues. We will look at image rights, content rights, defamation & libel, intellectual property.
The Gambling Act 2005
- Associated laws and SM platform agreements
- Facebook Terms and Conditions
- How to make certain your competitions and prize draws are not illegal lotteries.
- How to manage competitions on social media.
Consumer rights legislation
- The impact of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 and the emerging Consumer Rights Bill 2014
- How consumer rights are protected, what impact does ‘digital’ have? What is the new Consumer Rights Bill 2014 and how might it affect you?
Your marketing strategies
- How will you APPLY your new knowledge to current or planned marketing events?
- What will you change/improve?
- Applying your knowledge to current marketing activities.
- Building a weekly, monthly, quarterly checklist.