CMI Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management & Leadership Practice
Delivered 100% online, flexible learning.
Accredited by the Chartered Management Institute.
Access relevant knowledge that you can use in your job straight away
Enhance your CV, helping you to stand out in a competitive recruitment market.
qualified Chartered Managers and growing
“Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself.
When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.
in the CMI Membership Community
Active Learners including 31,777 apprentices
Amount each Chartered Manager boosts their business revenue over 5 years
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Whatever your current situation is, we can help you on your learning journey.
Perhaps you are missing some important Leadership knowledge, insights and techniques that could be holding you back.
Maybe your CV lacks the relevant credentials that demonstrate your experience and leadership capability.
There may be times when your day-to-day role seems overwhelming, lacking clarity, confidence, and leadership.
Maybe you are in or have been promoted to a leadership position and feel like an imposter.
Perhaps you are having trouble motivating your team or getting them to be more productive and accountable.
Maybe you are not performing at your best and not reaching your full potential.
Where could you be in the future?
Where could you be in the future?
There is a GREAT leader in you – you’re either invisible or remarkable, make a choice.
How would you feel if you had a series of useful tools to help you lead your organisation and those around you with a higher level of confidence?
How would you feel if you could manage people more effectively and display your authority?
Imagine if you could provide guidance and great leadership to your team in times of chaos and be able to enhance the team chemistry.
What if you could become more proactive in resolving conflicts among team members, delivering projects and dealing with individual resistance?
Imagine gaining more visibility, understanding the corporate structure, culture, and politics of the company, and managing change for yourself and your team?
Wouldn’t it be great if your CV included a professional Management and Leadership qualification that makes you stand out and opens up future career opportunities?
Key Information Points
Qualification – There are 3 different qualifications that can be achieved depending on the number of units completed.
- CMI Level 7 Award in Strategic Management & Leadership Practice – Learners must complete at least one unit to a minimum of 7 credits to achieve this qualification.
- CMI Level 7 Certificate in Strategic Management & Leadership Practice – Learners must complete any combination of units to a minimum of 14 credits to achieve this qualification.
- CMI Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management & Leadership Practice – Learners must complete a combination to a minimum of 37 credits to achieve this qualification.
Duration: The Award is 1-2 months, the Certificate is 4-6 months and the Diploma is 12-18 months depending on the time allocated by the learner.
Delivery: 100% online learning
Assessment: Work-based written assignments, 3500-4000 words.
All units are assessed by written assignments (3500-4000 words) supported by our experienced team of tutors who will provide the guidance you need through live/recorded webinars and one-to-one support.
The assessments are work-based to provide maximum value to both your time spent and your role within your workplace.
The course is delivered 100% online through distance learning – e-learning, audio, videos and PDF downloads.
The Award in Strategic Management & Leadership Practice is 1-2 Months, while the Certificate in Strategic Management & Leadership Practice is 4-6 Months and the Diploma in Strategic Management & Leadership Practice will take 12-18 Months to complete.
You should plan to spend around 4-6 hours per week + further time to prepare for your assessment.
The fees for the Award starts from £987, Certificate from £1,547 and the Diploma for £2,497.
Example payment plans for individuals; deposit + £110 per month.
Will you be personally funding the qualification? If you are paying for the qualification yourself without employer support, there are several options available to spread the cost and make it more affordable. Funding/scholarship options are also available depending on your personal situation – register below to explore this further.
The prices above include a comprehensive package, everything you will need to complete the qualification:
- Chartered Management Institute
- Membership and assessment fees
- Access to Management Direct
- MMC tuition fees
- Comprehensive set of learning resources and downloads
- Feedback on draft assignments
- Expert Tutor support, one-to-one
- Live Q&A/clinic sessions
What’s covered in the Modules?
The aim of this unit is to equip leaders with an in-depth understanding of strategic leadership within an organisational context.
Leaders will explore the complexities of the role and the theoretical perspectives, approaches, behaviours and skills which can enhance their professional practice.
The unit focuses on the leader’s ability to respond creatively to complex organisational challenges and understand how to set and deliver sustainable strategic goals.
They will explore the influence and impact of leadership theories, culture, wellbeing, development and design, policy and strategy that can be used creatively within the leadership role.
Ultimately, leaders will have the opportunity to propose a leadership and development strategy. The aim of which values people whilst optimising an organisation’s performance.
The unit culminates in giving leaders the opportunity to develop a proposal to lead a strategic change.
Leaders will critically reflect on the interrelationship between the skillset and mindset to develop as a strategic leader. Vitally leaders will reflect on their own personal, interpersonal and professional competencies and behaviours to lead strategically.
The opportunity for leaders to reflect on their own performance will equip them to develop a meaningful personal and professional development plan.
To support this outcome, leaders will critique the factors which drive the development of organisational strategy and appraise approaches to successfully develop strategy.
The unit culminates in leaders developing an organisational strategy to achieve a business goal.
To complement this activity, leaders will propose an approach to implement and monitor the strategy developed to ensure its sustained success.
What’s included in the online learning package?
MMC have put together a comprehensive package to help you to succeed in both gaining a qualification and accessing knowledge/templates that will help you in your day-to-day leadership role.
Access to all course materials (videos, audio, PDF downloads)
Course books and relevant supporting texts to download
Access to live webinars with tutors providing assessment guidance
One to one support from experienced tutors giving you feedback on draft assignments
Fast response support from our course team to cover your queries throughout the course
Membership to the Chartered Management Institute which includes all the benefits of being part of an official UK professional awarding body.
A lot of companies could learn something from @MMCLearning #CX – really impressed 😁 👏🏻 #CustomerExperience
The gaining of the Diploma has helped my fellow managers here to know that I have the ability to perform.
Thank you for your support throughout the course. It’s been a pleasure working with you and hopefully our paths will cross again in the future.
Fast track Chartered Manager status
Chartered Manager is the highest accolade in the management profession. Awarded only by CMI, it is recognised throughout the public, private and third sectors across all managerial disciplines.
With Chartered Manager status you join an elite group who prove they have the skills and knowledge to deliver results.
You will be eligible for a fast track route to Chartered Status upon completion of the Level 7 CMI Diploma qualification, provided you have at least 3 years experience in a management role
This route builds on the completion of your qualification and provides a fast-track assessment process taking into account your prior learning with CMI.
START BY REGISTERING BELOW
Key information points delivered to your inbox
Stay up-to-date with course updates and upcoming start dates
Take advantage of our free 14-day trial
Fill out the form below to get started
– To view detailed module breakdowns and important course information, download our information pack
– See pricing options and find out how you can access funding to support the course fees
– Get advice on your CV and what level of study is best for you
PRIVACY and Contact Information
We take your privacy seriously and will not SPAM you, giving you an easy option to unsubscribe at anytime. MMC Learning is based at Digital Innovation, Manchester Metropolitan University, Oxford Road, Manchester, M1 5GD, United Kingdom. Tel: +44 (0) 161 826 4644.
14 days money back guarantee. No financial risk to you – if you find this course is not right for you, we will give you a 100% refund, no questions asked.
Related Courses and Qualifications
- See ALL Management & Leadership qualifications accredited by the Chartered Management Institute
- Qualifications for aspiring and middle managers; CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership
- Qualifications for senior managers and leaders; CMI Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership Practice
- For professional Marketers; Marketing qualifications accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing
Related Articles – Study Advice
- Study advice (video): Invest your time now to become a better, stronger and more versatile future leader
- Study advice (video): Imagine yourself managing and leading people in the future. Where could you be?
- Study advice (video): Is it worth investing your money on a Chartered Management Institute Qualification?
- Study advice: How to balance study and family life
- Study advice: What does the Chartered Management Institute do? What is a CMI Qualification?
Related Articles – Career Progression & Personal Development
- See ALL insights and articles on the Management and Leadership blog
- Personal Development: How to stop holding yourself back
- Career Progression (video): Are you familiar with the language of management and leadership? Management speak explained
- Career Progression: Important steps on preparing for a performance appraisal review
- Career Progression: How to perform at your best during an interview for a management position