This Level 6 award is a vital element of your marketing qualification. It shows you how to take a strategic approach in marketing planning to achieve competitive advantage.
It recognises the significance of situation analyses and introduces techniques for assessing the external and internal environments that enable effective decision making. You will learn the importance of all stages within the marketing planning process, from the audit, through to strategic decision making and the implementation of plans. Discover how to manage resources and employ monitoring and measurement techniques that enable you to achieve strategic marketing objectives.
This module comprises three units of two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by way of examination.
- Unit 1: Situation analysis
- Understand how to analyse an organisation’s current and future external environment (15%).
- Understand how to analyse an organisation’s current and future internal environment (15%).
- Unit 2: Planning
- Analyse relevant information to recommend and inform strategic decision making (20%).
- Develop a strategic marketing plan to realise organisational objectives (20%).
- Unit 3: Implementation and control
- Manage resources to deliver the strategic marketing plan (15%).
- Monitor, measure and adapt the marketing plan for continuous improvement (15%).
The examination will comprise a number of extended answer questions to be completed in a three-hour controlled assessment. Preparatory work will be required for this examination.