Is it worth investing your money on a Chartered Management Institute Qualification?
Watch this 3min video below with Stephanie Leigh-Rose and Malcolm Johnston.
Your confidence and developing leadership skills – Malcolm
Getting some formal training in management and leadership is a good idea. You cannot grow into it naturally.
Many companies do not invest in helping their teams to become better leaders. Tools and techniques can help you become a better manager and leader.
The formal course will give you confidence in your leadership abilities and help you develop your leadership skills.
The tools are powerful for leadership training – Stephanie
You cannot underestimate the importance of having a toolkit and tools at your disposal.
Taking the time to review, learn, hear different perspectives, different ways of being a manager, and different ways of being managed. Its impact on the business as a whole, on the individual as a whole.
Being able to take that in, and then later on, as you progress through different management styles, teams, and levels, you can pick and choose what’s going to serve you and your team best.
Benefit at every stage of your Management career – Malcolm
Learning with others is another benefit.
Being a middle manager or junior middle manager, one doesn’t realize that pretty much every other junior and middle manager is in the same situation.
By sharing your story and your time with others, you will learn more about yourself, more about other people, and look at the various ways in which you can lead, since there isn’t just one way to lead.
Learn new ways to manage – Stephanie
There’s more than one way to do it, and when we talk about international business, you begin to understand, “Oh, other people manage their teams differently.”
It’s then possible to find a middle ground or a compromise, and I think we talk about changing tack or going with the flow, and you become more relevant in the organisation.
Related Courses and Qualifications
- See ALL Management & Leadership qualifications accredited by the Chartered Management Institute
- Qualifications for aspiring and middle managers; CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership
- Qualifications for senior managers and leaders; CMI Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership Practice
- For professional Marketers; Marketing qualifications accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing
Related Articles – Study Advice
- Study advice (video): Invest your time now to become a better, stronger and more versatile future leader
- Study advice (video): Imagine yourself managing and leading people in the future. Where could you be?
- Study advice (video): Is it worth investing your money on a Chartered Management Institute Qualification?
- Study advice: How to balance study and family life
- Study advice: What does the Chartered Management Institute do? What is a CMI Qualification?
Related Articles – Career Progression & Personal Development
- See ALL insights and articles on the Management and Leadership blog
- Personal Development: How to stop holding yourself back
- Career Progression (video): Are you familiar with the language of management and leadership? Management speak explained
- Career Progression: Important steps on preparing for a performance appraisal review
- Career Progression: How to perform at your best during an interview for a management position
START BY REGISTERING BELOW
Key information points delivered to your inbox
Stay up-to-date with course updates and upcoming start dates
Take advantage of our free 14-day trial
Fill out the form below to get started
– To view detailed module breakdowns and important course information, download our information pack
– See pricing options and find out how you can access funding to support the course fees
– Get advice on your CV and what level of study is best for you